The Sunshine Blog Award Nomination!
The Sunshine Blog Award is awarded to those who exhibit positive attitudes and “creatively influence” other bloggers.
Before I get to answering questions I’d like to give a big thanks to TheHugeAnimeFan, who was the person who nominated me. I’m glad you think my blog is positive and that it influences others! (Because seriously I was worried I wasn’t getting the whole ‘blogging’ thing right haha). And yes, I agree, there are some really talented mangaka out there that I’m SO jealous of! (But I love them too! Oh the dilemma)
Also since I’m here I’m going to apologize about my answers (or at least for two of them). I’ve never really thought about things like directors and music groups so I had to go and look for stuff (and when I did I just couldn’t make up my mind, there are so many great people!)
Now to the questions!!
1. Why anime blogging?
The real question is why NOT anime blogging, haha
Though technically this blog is more about manga and BL and my yaoi fantasies than anime…But why anime? Probably for the simple reason that it’s something that I like and can talk about. I’d always heard about blogging and that people would pick a certain topic to write posts about. Then I was like, what can I be an ‘expert’ on? And manga and anime were the only two things that came to mind.
(And also because I really need someone to fangirl about anime to, especially the yaoi anime/manga)
Which reminds me, this summer is going to be anime packed!
2. What is the most innovative anime in terms of animation you have ever seen?
This was the hardest question out of this list and even now I’m kind of like, I’m not sure…
BUT if I had to pick something…it would be something like Beyond the Boundary? And I’m basing my answer off of the definition I got from TheFreeDictionary.com which talk about mobility, spirit, and vigorousness. I’d say BtB (first) because it’s really pretty and I really like pretty things. I also just rewatched the first episode where Mirai is chasing after Akihito and in terms of movement everything was really fluid. That part where she ‘kills’ the bucket was funny. I feel like a lot of the spirit comes from the actual characters more than the animation but it’s there too! I watched this a while ago so I don’t remember a lot about it but I know it was good.
Others that come to mind: Ghost In the Shell, Samurai Champloo, Your Lie In April (though this is more visually pleasing), aaaaaaaand…I can’t think of anything else…
Wooo, I hope I answered the question
3. What have been some amazing music artists or music groups that you have discovered through anime that you are grateful for?
Some artists that I can list off the top of my head are:
- Yoko Kanno (Wolf’s Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Darker than Black, Vision of Escaflowne)
- Maximum the Hormone (Death Note)
- Asian Kung-Fu Generation (Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist)
- The Pillows (Fooly Cooly).
There are way more that I’m just blanking out on right now but if it’s an instrumental, chances are that I’ll like it and want to look up more stuff, especially if it’s exciting. Another one I’ve started to look at recently is Akira, who did one of the ending songs for Black Butler: Book of Circus (The beginning song is really good too!). I bought two of her CDs because why not? They were right there and I liked the live performance haha
Inuyasha. Oh I loved this so much when I was younger! I remember I did a project on Rumiko Takahashi for my possibly 4th/5th grade class for Women’s Month (I think it’s called). That’s how much I loved it. I never actually read the manga like I do now but I collected the anime like crazy. I actually still have all the DVDs from before, which are from the first episode all the way to somewhere past the band of 7. I have all the movies that have come out and I’ve got shirts that I had from when I was younger, etc! It was then that I learned about anime and that I started looking at some more stuff like Case Closed (which was airing on adultswim).
I’m also sure I watched other stuff beforehand, but I’d never considered them ‘anime’. Which reminds me. I heard she’s worked on something new and I saw it at the library and knew it was her. Haven’t read it yet (and I’m not sure if I will)
5. Favorite Top 5 Anime Films?
At first I thought this was going to be really hard because I tend to watch more series than I do movies, but then (while researching) I realized that I have watched enough to be able to make an extensive list. So this question is hard because now I don’t know how to order the movies…but here goes!:
- 1. Spirited Away/Wolf Children (I can’t decide!)
- 3. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- 4. Cardcaptor Sakura: The Sealed Card
- 5. Kiki’s Delivery Service
The only ones that I know for certain that are my top favorites are Wolf Children and Spirited Away. I’ve watched them so many times and still love them and I can’t decide which is better!! Everything after that is there because they’re some I liked.
Others I enjoyed: Read or Die, FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Howl’s Moving Castle, Bleach: Fade to Black, I Call Your Name, Inuyasha: Affections Touching Across Time, Cardcaptor Sakura The Movie, Eden of the East (1 & 2), Case Closed (most), etc.
6. What is your favorite Anime Film director?
I don’t actually know many (if any) film directors so I’ll just list two of the more well known ones and one I just found: Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Digimon), Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli), and Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo).
Why do I like them? I’m not sure, I guess I’m just basing it on if I like a lot of their work and how much I like it. I am a bit iffy about Hosoda though since I thought Summer Wars and the Digimon Movie were really similar (because I watched Digimon first I have a preference for it, making Summer Wars not a like). Don’t really know who I should be pointing fingers at though.
Still, I’m super excited to watch The Boy And the Beast this year, directed by Hosoda! I also listed Miyazaki as a favorite because of Spirited Away (specifically), but I’ve also noticed I only really like about half of his works.
7. What other hobbies do you indulge in?
Not much other than anime, manga, yaoi, and conventions, haha I do like to read fantasy/adventure books (currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas) and light novels when I can find some (I’ve got a couple right now like The Left Hand Dreams of Him, The Devil is a Part-Timer, and two SnK light novels. Sometimes I’ll even just organize books for fun (I have a lot at home so no worries there).
Art is also a hobby (if I can still call it that). I doodle every now and then, I’ve started painting, and then I do actual art career-wise projects (I guess, I’m getting there). I’ve got a deviantArt account that I really need to update and organize. Right now it’s got random things. Photography is also a big thing for me. I usually use my phone but I’ve also started using those fancy cameras too.
I’m also a self-proclaimed writer! Can find me on FF or Ao3 or Wattpad as either Crimson613, crimsonsnow613, Lazybum00, randomshenanigens, or LollipopFactory (wow, that’s a lot of names!). I used to also be known as Kit592 but I haven’t used that name in years! If you want links just ask and I’ll give haha
What else, what else…I play volleyball when I’m not lazy, bowling when I’m invited (I’m decent at both), skating, collecting notebooks/agendas/sketchbooks/writing utensils and then never using them…I’m an Xbox 360 player and will soon be playing online games (because now I have access to a good gaming computer)
Traveling is a big thing for me. Sometimes it’s just going to conventions and other times it’s going on road trips with my family. I really like to drive long distance (not that I have much experience, longest I’ve driven by myself is IL to MD). I’m hoping to go international some time in the future!
Ahhhh….I think that’s all? I’ll usually post about these things on my other blog here
Well! Now that that’s over, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
Bloggers I’ve Nominated: I don’t really know many people so…hopefully someone’s not too busy haha
- Pantastic Panda: It’s always great reading through your posts and I’m so glad I got to meet you at Anime Matsuri ❤ Whenever you talk about your studies in Japanese I always feel especially pumped! Hopefully I can pick up a few tricks so I can learn too (●´□`)♡
- The Joy of Yaoi: As one of the first few bloggers I found I’d love to nominate your blog because it’s so yaoi filled and I love it! Also, reading your posts always make me laugh and think, that’s totally a thing and I didn’t realize it! And you also inspired me to make some curry ( ˘ ³˘)♡
- Shiizumi’s Anime Blog: I just found this blog today as I try to fill this list and I was just like, this is so pretty! I have yet to look through ‘lots’ of posts but what I have read is pretty fun. I noticed your last post is from…6 months ago, but if you ever have the time, here are some Qs! ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
- Code Dias: This blog is just so adorable! Not only was it great to meet you last year but it’s also nice to see your updates on cosplay and cons, especially considering your reviews are thorough and filled with pictures! (｡･ω･｡) Good luck on your resolutions (even though it means less cosplay of yourself)
- I figured one of the questions should be about the blog so: what kind of goals did you have for your blog when you started and have you achieved them? If not, do you believe you’re on the right track?
- What would you consider to be an ultimate manga (and/or anime) crossover and why?
- What are some conventions you have planned for this year? If you don’t go to conventions, which would you like to go to?
- How do you decide what anime/manga to watch/read? Is this method working for you?
Now for some random stuff:
- You have just switched bodies with (your best friend/your worst enemy – pick one or both) and the effects last 24 hours, what do you do?
- If you could devote 10 years of your life to something (anything) in order to master it, what would it be?
- You’ve just learned that you’ll be a parent in 9 months, what are the circumstances and what changes (if any) will your life undergo?
Awww, it’s already 7 questions >__<
Hopefully I wasn’t too much of a blabbermouth ୧( ˵ ° ~ ° ˵ )୨ ?